In this article I am going to show you the dark chocolate mirror glaze recipe. It is less “impersonal” than the cocoa one and you can taste a stronger chocolate flavour.
Dark Chocolate Mirror Glaze
Category Mirror glaze Recipe
- 205 g Sugar
- 205 g Glucose Syrup
- 13,5 g 200 Bloom Gelatin
- 67,5 g Cold water for the gelatin
- 105 g Water
- 205 g Condensed milk
- 205g Dark chocolate
- First place the gelatine in ice-cold water to hydrate and soften it.
- In a steel pan heat water, sugar and glucose to 103°C.
- Remove from the stove, add the condensed milk and the hydrated gelatin, making sure it is completely dissolved.
- Finally pour the mixture on top of the chocolate blending it well with a hand blender.
- Let mixture chill in the fridge for 10-12 hours with a plastic film wrap placed directly onto the surface.
- The pouring temperature of this mirror glaze is about 35°C and it has to be blended with an open head hand blender (e.g. Bamix). The dessert must be frozen and demoulded just before you glaze it to avoid frost formation on the surface.
- Have a nice dessert!
Leave a Reply